Follow the 4-step routine to balance and nourish your skin Are you ready for a glow up? If so, you need to learn about skin cycling. Skin cycling is a process of alternating between different...
If maskne doesn’t make its way into Merriam-Webster soon, we’ll be shocked. Maskne is a common term used to describe the breakouts and acne that occur due to wearing a mask for extended periods of time. This condition can be caused by the accumulation of sweat, oil, and bacteria under the mask, leading to clogged pores and skin irritation. Some masks can create the perfect setting for bacteria to flourish; allowing blemishes and pimples to pop up.
Its cure, however, has proved a bit more complicated. Search “how to clear up maskne” on Google, and you’ll be met with approximately 297,000 results. Can you say overwhelming?
Thankfully, we’ve cracked the code to leaving maskne behind you. All it takes is a three step skin care routine:
These x-shaped sheet masks temper troubled areas with a trio of powerful ingredients—Tree Tee and Willow Bark, which help remove impurities, and Peppermint, which cools the skin.
This gentle, yet effective kit starts healing pesky blemishes in a matter of hours with the help of:
- 3 Blackhead-Eliminating Nose Strips
- 24 Pimple-Shrinking Salicylic Acid Dots
- 24 Whitehead-Absorbing Hydrocolloid Dots
Too many acne treatments can stress your skin out, so be sure to let it chill with this soothing facial sheet mask, infused with a myriad of natural inflammatories to de-puff irritation and calm redness. This Flashmasque works in just 5-minutes avoiding extended contact with your skin.
Here's a summary of skincare tips to help prevent maskne:
- Cleanse your skin regularly, especially before wearing a mask.
- Use non-comedogenic and oil-free products.
- Choose breathable masks and change them frequently.
- Apply a thin layer of a spot treatment containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- Moisturize your skin with a light, water-based moisturizer.
- Avoid touching your face and mask.
- Practice good skincare habits like drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep and eating a healthy diet.
Mask on. Maskne off.
- Tags: Clear Skin