Hydration is essential for healthy, glowing skin. When your skin is hydrated, it is able to function properly and protect itself from the elements. Hydration also helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and...
Every person you meet may have a different definition of self-care. For some, it’s a night spent cooking their favorite meal and watching a movie with a face mask, for others it's getting a fresh mani or spa trip.
At Patchology, we believe that self-care shouldn’t be a special treat, but instead something you practice each and every day. Read on to learn more about why you should make self-care a habit and how you can elevate your day with small changes.
Benefits of a Daily Self-Care Routine
Self-care is all about making small changes that make you feel your best. And it’s not just a gimmick. According to the National Council for Mental Wellbeing, practicing a self-care routine has been clinically proven to:
- Reduce anxiety, depression, and stress
- Increase happiness and self-confidence
- Enhance productivity
Practicing self-care is all about taking care of your mind and body, or, in other words, both your physical health and emotional health. It can help you reduce stress and achieve balance across different areas of your life, including your relationships.
Self-Care Routine Checklist
We’ve seen how self-care and skincare go hand in hand. Having a daily beauty self-care routine as a part of your other self-care activities is a great way to improve your overall wellness.
While everyone’s daily self-care checklist may look a little different (after all, it’s about making YOU feel good), we have some ideas for how to enhance your morning and evening routines with some me-moments.
Self-Care Morning Routine
To start your day off on the right foot, try incorporating these steps into your morning self-care routine:
- Drink a glass of water when you wake up. According to Real Simple, this small act can go a long way in helping boost your energy and productivity and is great for your complexion.
- Don’t check social media We know it’s easy to grab your phone right when you wake up but allow your mind and body to wake up slowly without the stimulation.
- Make your bed It can help you kickstart your day.
- Stretch your body Gentle movements help you wake up and get your blood pumping.
- Treat your skin Illuminating eye gels are a great way to brighten tired eyes. Or, a Just Let It Glow sheet mask can help your skin glow all day long.
Along the way, you can listen to your favorite music or podcast. And don’t forget to make yourself a nourishing breakfast before really starting your day.
Self-Care Night Routine
The evening is all about unwinding and preparing for a good night’s sleep. Try this self-care plan for a relaxing night:
- Diffuse essential oils. Set the mood with some calming essential oils that promote sleep and relaxation, like lavender or chamomile.
- Complete your skincare routine. Remove any makeup and grime from the day. Then use products like the Beauty Sleep sheet mask or Restoring Night eye gels that can help you wake up looking refreshed.
- Read a book or journal. Take time to do something you love. Whether that’s reading or journaling to reflect on your day.
- Meditate. A quick meditation can be the perfect way to end the day and set you up for a restful night’s sleep.